Park Hill Christian Church is a member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination which includes over 3700 congregations in the United States and Canada.
Like most Christians, Disciples affirm:
- Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and offers saving grace to all.
- All persons are God’s children.
Beliefs and practices usually associated with Disciples include:
- Open Communion. The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of Belief. Disciples are called together around one essential of faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Persons are free to follow their consciences guided by the Bible, the Holy Spirit, study, and prayer, and are expected to extend that freedom to others.
- Baptism by Immersion. In Baptism, the old self-centered life is set aside and a new life of trust in God begins. Although Disciples practice Baptism by immersion, other Baptism traditions are honored.
- Belief in the Oneness of the Church. All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- The Ministry of Believers. Both ministers and laypersons lead in worship, service, and spiritual growth.